The Human Resource Department is responsible for a broad range of human resources and labor relations functions including advertising, recruitment, training, compliance with federal and state laws and with District policies and regulations, maintenance of accurate job descriptions, and implementation of negotiated collective bargaining agreements.
General Staff Information
NJ First Act: Effective September 1, 2011, the NJ First Act requires that certain classifications of persons employed by a public institution will have 365 days within which to establish a principle residence in NJ. Failure to comply will render the individual unqualified to continue to hold the position. Individuals may seek exemption from the residency exemption committee based on critical need or hardship. For more detailed information from the State on this law, please access the New Jersey First (.pdf file) in Information-Procedures section this site.
Until all documents are posted in the new employee folder in forms section, please make sure that all required documents listed on the “new hire” check list are promptly completed and returned to Human Resources (New Employee Checklist).
Prior to meeting with Human Resources, please inform your Supervisor of your need to take a leave and your probable duration. Please contact Human Resources for an appointment; at the time you meet with Human Resources, you will be provided with the necessary forms to have the leave processed and board approved.
Online Application System
To view current job opportunities with Wayne Township Public Schools:
- All Employment opportunities are listed in APPLITRACK
- After logging in to APPLITRACK , you will see on the left hand side of the page “Vacancies”.
To apply for a currently available position through Applitrack:
- Once in APPLITRACK , click “Vacancies” to see the full list of currently available positions.
- Scroll through the list and when you view a position of interest, click the “Apply” button within that vacancy listing. This will open an application for you to complete. Follow the online prompts to complete and submit the application.
* You must click through the whole process in order for it to be submitted. You can always update and go back to your application at any time.
For future openings, you may start an application to be held on file:
- Access APPLITRACK as instructed above.
- Once in APPLITRACK , click “External Applicant” to start an application.
- Within the application, you will be able to scroll through the list of established job titles for which the District recruits/hire but which do not have any current openings.
- This application for the selected job title will be kept in the Applitrack “pool” file for that job title and will be accessed/reviewed in the event of a future opening.
* Completing an application ensures that your materials remain on file. However, to receive maximum consideration, it is important to monitor current openings and to apply for each desired position as it becomes available.
If your information is already in Applitrack and you are applying for a current opening, the system prompts you through the information that you have on file to enable you to change or update before you make your final submission. If nothing has changed, please just prompt through until it is submitted.
New Fax # 973-317-2189
Paula D. Clark, Esq.
Director of Human Resources, Compliance and Labor Relations
Human Resources Manager