Expectations on Use and Care
District Chromebook Policies
District Acceptable Use Policy and Disciplinary Consequences
Cost to Replace Broken Parts
Why Not BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)?
Content Filter for Internet Browsing
Incident Payment Fee
Incident Payment Fee
The district recognizes the devices will experience accidental damage through a student's academic career. After each incident, families will be required to pay a Chromebook Incident fee. This will cover the cost of one accidental damage instance to the Chromebook.
Unintentional, negligent, or accidental damage
When a device is damaged as a result of unintentional or accidental circumstances, the student’s parent/guardian will be assessed a $30 fee as explained in the WTPS Chromebook Agreement.
- Should your child's device be damaged again, an additional $30 will be charged.
- Repeated unintentional, negligent, or accidental damage or intentional deliberate damage to a device will result in more fees and disciplinary action.
- The student and the student’s parents/guardians are responsible for the actual cost of repair or replacement, including labor when a device is damaged or destroyed because the student committed or intentionally facilitated a deliberate act of damage or vandalism as explained in the WTPS Chromebook Agreement.
Payment of all Chromebook Incident Fees will be made through Community Pass.
Before a student receives their repaired Chromebook back the assigned fee must be paid. Note that unpaid fees will result in access to OnCourse Connect to be suspended until the fee is paid.
To pay for a Chromebook Incident Fee that was charged to your student:
- Click the rectangle on the left CLICK TO VIEW PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Choose the activity - CHROMEBOOKS /continue (Please make sure to select the correct graduation year for your student)
- Confirm your information edit if needed/continue
- Verify Email address- edit if needed/continue
- Choose the student to be registered/continue
- Confirm SCHOOL and GRADE are correctly displayed, edit if needed/continue
- Select the appropriate Fee (Charger Fee, Incident Fee, or Replacement Fee)
- Click credit card/ continue
- Enter credit card information, also confirm address, etc.
- Click complete the transaction
You can click for further directions on using Community Pass.
Transitioning to a 1:1 environment allows students anytime / anywhere access to information. Students will be able to use their device anywhere an internet connection is available. The district recognizes that while access to the internet has been growing and increasing popular, not all families have internet access at home. For families that do not have WiFi access to the internet at home due to a financial issue, the district has partnered with vendors that can assist.For kindergarten - 12th grade families that do not have WiFi at home and are eligible to receive either Free or Reduced lunch, the district will provide at home WiFi solutions to those who qualify. Please contact your building principal for an application.