Extended Day Program: Before / After Care
The Extended Day Program is designed to meet the needs of busy, working parents and their children.
Administered by Wayne Community Programs, the program offers before school care (Early Start, 7:15 a.m. to school start) and after school care (Wrap Up, School end to 6 p.m.) for enrolled students in each Wayne Township Public Elementary School (grades K-5).
The purpose of the program is to provide a safe, supportive, supervised environment in which children can work and play while their parents are at work.
Extended Day Program MaterialsPRICES AND SCHEDULES ARE BEING MODIFIED FOR THE FALL 2020
- Extended Day Brochure for 2019
- 2019-2020 Registration Packet Information (not the online registration) TO BE USED IF ONLINE REGISTRATION CAN NOT BE COMPLETED
- Extended Day Wrap Up Schedule
- Parent Handbook
- See monthly fee schedule on the right.
- There is a $30 non-refundable annual registration fee for every family enrolled (monthly and drop in services).
- At the time of registration, payment of the first and last month tuition is required.
- The Extended Day Program has sessions in all 9 elementary schools and is available to all students.
- Registration is only online (see link below).
- Bills are paid through your Community Pass account: click here
- Please note that a $10 fee will be charged for enrollment changes exceeding 2 per school year.
Kindergarten students are eligible for the Extended Day program.
- Kindergarten students attending AM kindergarten are only eligible to participate in the morning Extended Day program.
- Kindergarten students attending PM kindergarten are only eligible to participate in the afternoon Extended Day program.
- Kindergarten students enrolled in K-Wrap are eligible to participate in the morning and afternoon Extended Day program.
Emergency Situation - "Drop In" UseFALL 2020- may not apply as result of limited 10:1 cohort size. Need to be already registered in the one day program.
- Early Start Drop In is $9 per each morning
- Wrap Up Drop In is $20 each afternoon
- All registration is done online through Community Pass.
- If you do not already have an account, you will need to select a user name and password. (Please do not make a new account if you have forgotten your password. Click the forgot password button.)
- If you are accessing the registration site from an internet search, you only need to put the search terms "community pass wayne" and this will take you directly to the Wayne log in screen.
- If entering the Community Pass system from the public log in, you must select "Wayne" from the drop down box on the upper right.
- Payments are due by the 1st of the month and must be made on time to ensure your child's spot in the program.
- Should you have any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to call us at 973-968-7427
- Click for Fall 2020 Registration
FALL 2020 REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN AUGUST 21, 2020.
CURRENT FALL 2020 RATES- Monthly Fee Schedule
Early Start Standard Sibling Wrap Up Standard Sibling
Extended Day Activities
Besides homework, snack and chatting with friends, what are some of the activities children participate in during Extended Day Care?
- Arts and Crafts
- Challenge Island® - a one of a kind enrichment program on the cutting edge of S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, enginerring, art, and math) education and 21st Century Learning. Kids are taken on unique "island" adventures where they work in collaborative tribes to tackle various STEM/STEAM challenges using only the materials in their treasure chest and their boundless imaginations.
- Team Makers - teaching Respect, Team Spirit, Cooperation/Team Work, and Leadership
- Read Across America
- Sports specials
Program Site Telephone Numbers:
Elementary School Program Cellular # Albert Payson Terhune 973-417-4409 James Fallon 973-714-2144 John F. Kennedy 862-226-4098 Lafayette 973-714-1180 Packanack 973-296-0773 Pines Lake 973-714-2618 Randall Carter 973-714-1506 Ryerson 973-714-3028 Theunis Dey 973-714-1524
-->>Homework Helpers Needed<<--
The Extended Day Program is looking for High School Students to volunteer to help children grades K-5 to understand and complete daily homework assignments, and to provide the encouragement, support, and direction to make homework a positive experience.
Location: One of the 9 Elementary Schools
Time: 3:30 - 5:00 pm
When: Monday - Thursday (Max 2 days)
Application: Homework Helper Application