Retrieve Parent Username and/or Password
Forgotten Parent/Guardian username and/or password:
Wayne Township Public Schools does NOT store Parent/Guardian passwords for security issues. You must use the Forgot Password process below.
- Go to OnCourse Connect (http://wayne.oncourseconnect.com) on a desktop/laptop computer.
- Click the "Forgot Password?" link on the Guardian area on the right side of the page.
(DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING IN THE USERNAME OR PASSWORD FIELDS)
- On the next screen, enter the email address you registered with the schools and click "Recover Password.
You MUST use the email that is already in your OnCourse account.
- You will be emailed your username with directions to change your password to one of your own choosing. Look in your spam folder if you can't find it right away. (see example below)
From: OnCourse Support <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 12:59:07 PM EDT
Subject: OnCourse Password Reset
You can reset your OnCourse Connect guardian account (SCO12345678) password by clicking on this link. https://www.oncourseconnect.com/account/resetpassword?id=ABcdefGH123Ijk456BA8abXGRG2ffPEG2fXYZ127X
- When you get back to the OnCourse Connect Login Screen - enter your username and your new password.
Note: Your username has three letters followed by 8 numbers.
IT IS NOT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.
- NOTE: This process must be done on a desktop or laptop, not a mobile device or ipad.
Clicked "Forgot Password" but didn't receive the email:
Emails are sent out within a couple seconds after clicking "Forgot Password." There are a couple of reasons you may not receive it:
- You and your spouse have registered the same email address for your accounts with Wayne Schools. This means the system can't recognize which guardian has requested the logon information and, for security reasons, doesn't send the email. In this case, first contact the school to change one of your accounts to a different, unique email address before using the "Forgot Password" link again.
- We've heard from many parents that the AOL and Optonline.net/Optimum email filtering system is rejecting the “Forgot Password” email from reaching your account. If this is the case, you can try adding email@example.com to your personal contact list before clicking the Forgot Password button. If you still do not receive our email, it may be that you need a setting adjusted and you could follow up with AOL or Optimum regarding the issue that you are experiencing.
- Optionally, you can contact the school’s office (elementary) or guidance office (secondary) to change your email address to that of a non-AOL or Optimum email account.