All Lafayette PTO Committee Chairpeople are responsible for the following:
- Attend PTO meetings (held every other month at the school in the evenings) and reporting on committee events.
- Gather volunteers for your event well in advance of the day of the event.
- All committee emails/flyers must be sent to the PTO President for approval.
- Sending info/flyer of your event/committee to PTO President for placement in the Lafayette weekly eblast (deadline: by Wednesday for the weekend e-blast)
- Return your committee folder to the PTO President after your event/committee is over. This should include contacts used for the event, current copies of invoices paid and any additional notes or suggestions that were important in running the event.
- COLOR RUN – School’s biggest fundraiser! Work with vendors, hire DJ, create flyers, be at the event (event date TBD).
- BOX TOPS – Responsible for collecting, count and mail box tops. Coordinate an incentive program for the kids (e.g., marking period popcorn parties, seasonal incentives, etc.), remind of deadlines and provide box top collection sheets. (Good committee for someone to do from home).
- FALL MUMS SALE - MORE DETAILS TO COME SEPTEMBER / OCTOBER
- HOLIDAY MR.CUPCAKE SALE - MORE DETAILS TO COME - MONTH TBD
- MOTHERS DAY FLOWER SALE - MORE DETAILS TO COME APRIL / MAY
- OPT OUT OPT IN FUNDRAISER W/ PERKS - MORE DETAILS TO COME SEPTEMBER -OCTOBER
- PENNY WARS - MORE DETAILS TO COME SEPTEMBER THROUGH MAY
- RETAIL PARTNERS – Coordinate and set up dates with local merchants (Jersey Mike’s, Positano, etc), advertising events to Lafayette families.
FAMILY FUN NIGHTS COMMITTEES
- FAMILY NIGHT KICKBALL GAMES - Work on flyer to advertise event, manage collection of funds/prepare deposit, coordinate and assign teams, and be at event to check guests in. APRIL
- FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT- MORE DETAILS TO COME -SEPTEMBER / MAY
- FOOD TRUCK FRIDAYS - This event is open to the community. More details to come.
- MOMS NIGHT OUT / PARENTS NIGHT OUT - More Details to Come OCTOBER / JANUARY
- SCHOOL-WIDE TALENT SHOW - MORE DETAILS TO COME JUNE
- ICE CREAM SOCIAL @ SCHOOL - Create flyer, book DJ, set up event, hand out tickets to students at event, collect money for any non students buying ice cream. - September 8 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- TRUNK OR TREAT/DANCE @ SCHOOL - Create flyers to advertise event, collect funds/prepare deposit, distribute wristbands, arrange snack donations, hire DJ, and entertainment. Be at event to coordinate arrival of trunks, check in guests, help trunks with replenishment of candy, purchase prizes for trunk winners. - October 22
- WINTER DANCE - MORE DETAILS TO COME - DECEMBER
SCHOOL SUPPORT COMMITTEES
- BEAUTIFICATION – Help enhance and maintain the outside front grounds of the school during the year - Start of School, Fall, Winter, Spring. Maintain Fish Tank in the building.
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION – Provide small gifts monthly for students during lunchtime with the school Principal when applicable.
- CLASS PARENT COORDINATOR – Responsible for the collection of Class Parent volunteer forms and provide list of candidates to PTO President(s) and Vice President(s) for selection. Collect all class parent monies and distribute to class parents. At orientation meeting (October 12th at 7pm) inform the class parents of their obligations and rules. Keep Class Parents informed of events, what they are responsible for during the year via email.
- FROM THE HEART– Coordinate the collection for the PTO Council food drive usually in November, work directly with school nurse to prepare baskets to be distributed during Thanksgiving week to families in need, and any other worthy charitable causes.
- MEMBERSHIP – Collect all PTO membership fees and register members to the PTO and organize into a detailed spreadsheet. Distribute membership reminder note in October to those who have not handed in their membership dues. (Good committee for someone to do from home).
- PUBLICITY – Take pictures at events at school for School Instagram (managed by Mr. Kriley) and Facebook (managed by PTO President) as well as Eblasts. A 5th grade parent will be needed to take pics for yearbook and video.
- SPIRIT WEAR– Work directly with clothing apparel company on items to be sold during the school year. Create flyers to advertise and help with distribution of orders upon arrival. Online sales are done 2x per year. Must be available to sell and/or recruit volunteers to sell items during Ice Cream Social and Back to School Night (Both in September).
- STUDENT DIRECTORY – Responsible for collecting and organizing of names, addresses, phone numbers, and emails. Once data is collected, the committee needs to fill out the Excel spreadsheet with the data. This will be sent to the BOE copy center. - This process occurs in September. (Good committee for someone to do from home).
- SUNSHINE – Responsible for sending sentiments to those in the Lafayette community (get well gifts, baby gifts, etc.). (Good committee for someone to do from home).
- WAYNE ALLIANCE LIAISON – Represent Lafayette at Wayne Alliance meetings, report information at PTO meetings, coordinate making a raffle prize, and selling tickets in the school for their basketball game (Spring). Meetings are held monthly in the Wayne Health Center at 12pm on the third Wednesday of every month.
SCHOOL DAY EVENTS
- BOOK FAIR AND MILK AND COOKIE NIGHT – Coordinate with Scholastic for book fair for a 2 day/1 night event (February ONLY). Set up, break down, teacher wish lists and coordinate volunteers, and book fair schedule with the principal. Create a flyer for Milk and Cookies, obtain teacher volunteers to read to the kids who sign up. Order milk and cookies to be supplied at the event.
- CANDY COUNTING CONTESTS / 100TH DAY CONTEST - MORE DETAILS TO COME -
- CAREER WEEK - MORE DETAILS TO COME - APRIL
- CUB CLUB COORDINATOR (After School Clubs) – Work with President (who will work with Principal) on arranging and coordinating days/dates for after-school clubs, handle all deposits and financial aspects of club registration, as well as processing payments to Lafayette staff. 3 sessions throughout the school year.
- CULTURAL ENRICHMENT – Research and coordinate programs/assemblies for the students that enhance the curriculum in the area of the humanities, art, and science. (Maximum 4 per school year) Coordinate HIB assembly with the school counselor. Coordinate author visit with Media Specialist. Work with the Principal for approvals and dates for programs.
- FIELD DAY – Coordinate with gym teacher/principal on activities and events for Field Day. Work directly with Sodexo Representative for lunch. Attain refreshments through donations. Coordinate volunteers to work field day and assist with lunch. Field Day will be held in May during the morning (rain date in June).
- EARTH DAY CELEBRATION - MORE DETAILS TO COME - APRIL
- HOLIDAY BOUTIQUE – Organize and run the 2-day holiday boutique, coordinating volunteers, set up, break down, coordinate holiday boutique schedule with principal, and handling all finances. (early December)
- SCHOOL PICTURES – Assist with student picture day October 6 and retake day November 20. Coordinate with principal photo schedule, disburse order forms and organize volunteers. Must be available to attend picture day.
- STAFF / TEACHER APPRECIATION – Organize and plan for Teacher Appreciation Week of May 3rd. Work within budget, planning a breakfast and/or luncheon, raffles, various activities, etc.
- VALENTINES DAY CARNATION SALE / CANDY CANE GRAMS SALE- MORE DETAILS TO COME - DECEMBER / FEBRUARY
YEARBOOK COMMITTEE GRADE REPS (K-4TH)
Responsible for collecting and organizing pictures from events during the school year. By starting this committee early it will ensure that when 5th grade comes that the tasks of creating the year goes smoothly and efficiently.
FIFTH GRADE EVENTS
Assist and support various 5th-grade activities such as the “5th Grade Pool Celebration”, LEAD and 5th Grade T-shirts, Mixer, Publication of the yearbook/boosters, and production of the video all designed to honor the outgoing Fifth Grade Class. You must be a 5th Grade Parent to hold one of the following positions. A parent may be Chairperson for only one 5th Grade Committee unless no other volunteers come forward.