Wayne Valley Forms & Notices
Effective January 1, 2020, the New Jersey minimum wage is $11.00 per hour for most workers.
Section A - Minor’s Personal Information
- Must be filled out by the Parent/Guardian in its entirety (don’t forget SSN#)
- Parents - don’t forget to sign it
Section B - Employment Information
- Must be filled out by the Employer you are applying to
- Employer - Do not forget this important information:
16 & 17 year old
- Cannot work before 6 a.m. or after 11 p.m. ***Exception: May work after 11 p.m. (up to 3 a.m. provided work begins before 11 p.m.) during regular school vacation and when there is no school the next day with written parental permission (which must be on file with the employer)
- No more than 6 days weekly
- No more than 8 hours daily or 40 hours weekly
- Cannot work more than 6 consecutive days, may not work more than 5 continuous hours without at least a 30 minute meal break
Minors under 16
- not before 7 a.m.not after 7 p.m., limited to 3 hours per day, 18 hours per week when school is in session
- In summer employment minors under 16 are permitted to work up to 8 hours a day and 40 hours per week until 9pm from the last day of school until Labor Day with parental permission.
Section C - Physician’s Certification
- Must be filled out by the child’s pediatrician
Section D - Proof of Age
- Current WV Students: The guidance office will check for your child’s birth certificate/passport/baptismal certificate in their file. If we do not have it they will have to bring it with them to the school.
- If you are not a WV student, you will need to provide birth certificate/passport/baptismal certificate
Section E & F - School Record and Issuing Officer Certification
- Once all of the above is done, bring back to Mrs. Amy Sees/Mrs. Vanessa Freaney in Guidance to approve the working papers.
Former Wayne Valley High School students may request a transcript by filling out the form below. If there are multiple recipients of a transcript, you must complete this form for each recipient.
If you have any questions, please call the School Counseling Office 973-317-2216/2215.